Jan 27, 2011

0.5 kg

Today, I was feeling a bit low, I guess I am sad ….. not because someone ate my chocolates, not because somebody commented me, not because I could not resolve an issue, not because I got some pimples, not because I lost some money, not because I got up early, not because I did some stupid thing; haan, BUT....because I have not reached my target :(

Yes, I have a set a new target / resolution / goal which sounds pretty simple and crazy but indeed, it's the most hardest thing for the one who is actually involved to achieve it.

Now, here comes my target – to gain a weight of 0.5 KG in 2 weeks.

Ooouch!!!Please don’t start blaming me now!!Believe me, it’s not as easy as it sounds, I have been facing this issue since few years and but I would always fail and lose confidence :(

I try a lot to put on where as many try a lot to put off, but every time I fail. Not this time, trust me, I had set this point many times. Integer 50 is my target. my weight fluctuates always in between 47-49. I reach till 49 but I could never cross or touch that integer, I am scared of it and I have started hating that value.

In the first week of Jan, I had checked my weight and it was 49.5 kgs, to my surprise, it was 49.5..felt little happy and So, I had decided to increase my weight by 0.5 kg rather than truncating it to 50.

As it was an easy thing since I had crossed 49 and I have got two weeks of time, I thought I would definitely win in this case as it's a matter of silly 0.5 kg and achieve my target for sure.

Now, two weeks were over, I went thinking I would win today and checked……waaa :( :( Contrary to this, I flunked again. Perhaps it’s all because of me. Frankly speaking, I don’t follow up a good diet regularly.

First of all, If I have to brief out my every day diet, I guess most of you feel I am very peculiar, yes I am.

I am like a camel, I eat one time in a day, it may be during breakfast/ lunch/ snacks/dinner…

Believe me just one time or maximum two times….but I eat a lot of food till my tummy screams ..Enough! No more no more!! And I don’t have after that.

Sometimes, I have a lot of junk foods say maggi, burger, pizza, pani poori, samosa, cutlet….all etc….despite having rice/chapathi. And whatever food I cook/make/prepare, I use a big amount of ghee, butter and oil :) (cholesterol full ).

Huh!! but what’s the use? all my plenty number of efforts just went in vain. But, I will not give this up and I will definitely win one fine day.

There is a known saying - Try and Try until u succeed. I hereby say, I will again try by taking two more weeks period and I will definitely win this time by reaching 50. I have got all the required ingredients ;) Before writing this post, I went to Spencers and got lots of maggi, fruits, Horlicks, eggs :) :) (that’s the spirit) and I swear that I will sincerely work hard and will triumph over this mark.

7 comments:

Prasanna alias Pressi said...

hmmm...felt its difficult to put down weight...but after reading..seems its a tough job to put on weight also..:P..anyways wish that u wud achieve ur goal soon..:)

Madhuri Kunisetty said...

yeah....it's damn easy I say to reduce...but the reverse engineering is hard...pretty hard!

rakesh said...

nice blog...hope u put on weight...avoid maggi :)

Anonymous said...

lol.. goal ~pimple flunk blame spirit triumph.. enigma intricacy.. galz!!

SANDEEP PANWAR said...

कोई कम वजन से परेशान, तो कोई ज्यादा वजन से,
यहाँ सब उलझन में है, सुलझो सब सुलझो

Andy said...

Gal,

I have gone through same issue for 10 years !!! It just sounded like 1 more pound but it was sucha huge task for me. Finally I did achieve my target weight !
This is what I learnt :
Just eating more at one shot will definitely not help.
My trainer has suggested to eat more calories for breakfast as much as you eat for lunch.
Good amount of snack with lot of protein in the evening
And not so heavy dinner ( to avoid a weird tummy on a slim body ! )
Added to alll these.. Workout ! Yes I did say workout. I have put on 10 pounds within 3 weeks once I started following this schedule.
Your workout need not include heavyyy exercising. Just do weights with 2 or 3 pound dumbles and nice situps. Trust me ! this worked ! People were so surprised to see the change in me in such a short period!
With Exercise, ur muscle stretches out and body will be well tonned.
Give a try :)

Madhuri Kunisetty said...

Thanks all :)