Jun 12, 2010

Go green Pune :)

Yesterday, when I was on my way to home from office, a stranger stopped me all of a sudden. Actually I was carrying a plastic bag contained vegetables/eatables, he explained me that there started a policy at Pune recently.The policy is something like, if a person using plastic bags are caught by the Cops, then they have to pay Rs.500-Rs.1000/- bucks as penalty it seems. He asked me to hide that plastic bag with my shawl or to put it inside my hand bag. I was not surprised as I heard my roommate saying me this. I just wipe off all this things thinking all these are not been followed and nobody is been observed/caught unless I am caught once. After all,we have only one life, so I never care about all these rules.

Once, I have also noticed at Reliance fresh near my office, there is board showing "Carry your own bags and double your points in card". This create awareness among people not to use them, as they create hazards to life and banning it not only saves the environment, but alsoit brightens nature. Anyways, I am happy to see this kind of activities at Pune, as they inspire everyone not to carry plastic bags. But sometimes I am bad, I cannot desist myself when I am lack of my hand bag or my own bag!!

11 comments:

Tarun Goel said...

It seems or it is?
It is a polciy in Himachal and every 'educated' person cares about it, no one is like you here :)

Madhuri Kunisetty said...

rofl!!
HP people follows it hahaha...Bagga is from where?? :P :P

Tarun Goel said...

Bagga is Universal Citizen :)

Madhuri Kunisetty said...

bagga Wokay naa??

Deepak Bagga said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deepak Bagga said...

Reliance board says-"Carry your own bags ". but provide plastic bags also.. :)

if it is banned, it should be banned properly,
you should have been caught by police at that time, like what happens in HP. :)

Madhuri Kunisetty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Madhuri Kunisetty said...

cha, how cruel u r yaa!!u want me to be caught by Cops :( :( :waaaaaaaa

vicious said...

yup ! in pahalgam(i went there last year) people follow this rule and there isnt a single polythene that can be found ...even shops dont have polythene bags ..you have 2 carry your own !

Madhuri Kunisetty said...

yeah..if this continues, we can see a new safer environment ahead :)

chandrababu said...

I never stayed in Pune ever before. But I am happy after read this blog.
Irrespective of the problem that public facing, the policy is excellent. Its difficult to avoid usage of Plastic bags completely from normal life. But the way reliance offering can reduce the usage of it. And also everyone needs to consider it as responsible to save the Earth. In recent years the changes in globalization and economic (sorry I don't the exact word) makes liable the public to get their convenient life style (but many don't know its not the best).
People are seeing their convenient, neglecting the future. But we need to observe always, Environment also changing its activities like Earth-quakes, rise in temperature, floods, lack of rains. Here I am not only putting words, but in my daily activities I am following it. I never use any paper cups in my office to have coffee, tea, boost...etc. You can find always a Plastic water bottle in my bag, to avoid buying new one whenever I am planning journey.